Want to work on a world-class team building life-changing financial products? Let me introduce you to Progrexion – that’s what we do every day. Based in downtown Salt Lake City, our team builds industry leading services that help consumers access, understand, and verify their credit reports are fair, accurate, and substantiated. Our services power the technology behind Lexington Law (an independently owned law firm), Credit.com, and CreditRepair.com. And the good news? We have a lot of fun while we do it.
Role and Responsibilities
It is the responsibility of the DevOps team to have a holistic view of all Progrexion technical environments and to ensure frequent, reliable, high quality software deliveries. Our objective is to partner with the business to improve productivity through IT solutions. Achieving that objective through communication, collaboration and integration to deliver highly reliable and operable software systems is our top priority.
As a critical part of the DevOps team, you must have the ability to bridge the gap when working with the Development, QA, Operations and Project Management teams. The core responsibilities of Senior DevOps Engineers include:
- Provide proactive engineering and release deliverables, resulting in products and services with more efficiency, lower risk, and reduced customer impact.
- Maintain Cloud services and infrastructure - IaaS (AWS preferred) and PaaS.
- Build deployment solutions for Java, .NET and Apache/PHP applications.
- Troubleshoot issues pertaining to Java (JBoss), .NET and Apache applications.
- Install and configure tools and applications in a repeatable, consistent manner on both Linux and Windows servers.
- Create repeatable configurations using tools such as Salt, Ansible.
- Ensure applications and infrastructure are implemented in a sustainable, secure manner.
- Support code versioning tools both on-premises and in the cloud (Git).
- Participate in on-call rotation and work closely with Development teams on identifying, problem solving and resolving issues that impact software releases and service delivery.
- Design documents, and implementation plans while leading teammates to develop and maintain internal documentation.
- Identify potential security and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment for applications.
- Guide engineers to establish and monitor key performance benchmarks for applications.
- Proactively initiate feedback and guidance to product development teams on adherence to policies, standards, and operational best practices.
- Develop Proof of Concepts for new application and automation initiatives.
- Primarily focused on business outcomes and business ROI for solutions.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical field required, or, equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience with Linux (CentOS preferred, Ubuntu a plus) and Windows servers.
- 5+ years of experience with web server administration – Apache, Jboss, Weblogic.
- 5+ years of code deployment experience (Java, .NET/PHP a plus).
- Strong understanding of application and server architecture, including networking, software deployment and OS configuration.
- Proficient with configuration management with tools such as Salt or Ansible.
- Proficient with building Continuous Integration and Deployment tools using Git, GitLab CI, CircleCI; Electric Cloud a plus.
- Experience with Integration and CLI tools (AWS CLI, Heroku CLI, RESTful API’s, etc).
- Experience performing complex scripting tasks using Python (preferred), PHP, Powershell, Bash.
- Experience with build tools such as Maven, Artifactory.
- Experience with source control tools - GIT (preferred), SVN, Mercurial, etc.
- Experience with Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with NetScaler or other load balancing technologies a plus.
- Solid understanding of SDLC, planning and risk mitigation
- Knowledge of database design and SQL, understanding of database structures and best practices.
- Very comfortable with scope and context switching to meet business needs.
- Refined understanding of security fundamentals.
- Experience in regulated industry (PCI preferred).