The successful candidate will demonstrate our Corporate Guiding Values of Integrity, Consumer Advocacy, Teamwork, Development, Quality and Performance in all areas of their work. They will be responsible for analyzing moderate to high complexity projects. Some of these projects may be cross functional in nature. The Business Analyst should be effective with Waterfall, Agile, SDLC, and hybrid approaches. A combination of strategic thinking and an ability to focus on details is key. Responsibilities include gathering, validating, and documenting various system information and needs.
Role and Responsibilities
Be a Detail-Oriented Business Analyst
- Understands Business value of projects and create Business case documents
- Ability to translate Business value statements into project deliverables for cross functional teams
- Create and develop functional requirements of systems to improve quality, performance, system interfaces and constraints
- Carryout Analysis of requirements from business/ customers
- Perform requirements traceability information and record requirements status in the course of the project
- Create and design system specifications along with Use case documents
- Use various Modeling techniques and methods
- Monitor changes to baseline requirements with use of change control process and tools
- Manage business process Templates
- Coordinate with teams and stakeholders to remove ambiguity
- Ability to work on projects with varied technologies/ Industry segments.
- Monitor and drive User Story completion
- Be accountable and hold others accountable
- Lead by example
Be a Strategic Thinker
- Translate Business Goals and Requirements into executable work packages
- Distill ideas and strategies into tasks
- Understand Corporate Goals and apply that knowledge to each project
- Facilitate business case development and project approval
Be a Steward of Corporate Resources
- Ensure effective and efficient resource utilization via planning, executing, and completing required scope on time, within budget, and with an acceptable level of quality
- Demonstrate Business Acumen
- Estimate and monitor costs (labor and fixed) and actively manage the project to remain within boundaries.
- React and adjust to disruptions in a cost effective and efficient manner
Be an Effective Communicator
- Communicate using multiple channels of communication to all stakeholders; business, technical, and executive teams.
- Ensure all teams have a synchronized understanding of project goals, objectives, status, and deliverables.
- Effectively communicate how project fits into the “big picture”
- Effectively present relevant project information to varying audiences
- Facilitate standups, project planning sessions, strategy discussions
- Document and communicate outcomes of meetings
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School required / College Degree preferred
- Related studies (Instructor led or self-paced coursework)
- Related certifications (CBAP, Scrum, Agile) preferred but not required