Want to work on a world-class team building life-changing financial products? Let me introduce you to Progrexion – that’s what we do every day.
Based in downtown Salt Lake City, our team builds industry leading services that help consumers access, understand, and verify their credit reports are fair, accurate, and substantiated. Our services power the technology behind Lexington Law (an independently owned law firm), Credit.com, and CreditRepair.com. And the good news? We have a lot of fun while we do it.
The successful candidate will demonstrate our Corporate Guiding Values of Integrity, Consumer Advocacy, Teamwork, Development, Quality and Performance in all areas of his/her work. The Security Engineer I will be a highly skilled individual that is an expert in managing security technology and complying with PCI and compliance requirements. This individual will have strong technical skills to ensure Progrexion’s information is secure at all times. Our ideal candidate will not only be a team player but will also have a strong engineering background and ability to convey technical information into business terms.
We are looking for a Security Engineer I to join the Information Security team. This candidate is responsible for supporting and deploying security solutions. The incumbent will aid in generating new ideas and initiatives and help support the daily IT Security operations. They will also contribute to the process and technology improvements, documentation of the information Security functions and automation where possible.
- Monitor Progrexion computer environments for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Install security tools and administer security software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Document and research security incidents and assess any potential impact.
- Work with customer’s security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Help remediate detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay current on IT security tools, technology, and techniques.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical field required, or, equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience in the industry OR equivalent qualifications.
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Working Knowledge of SIEM technologies.
- Understanding of Threat Hunting practices.
- Exposure to SOAR platforms and creating run books / play books.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
- Must be able to work from offices in the SLC area
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Security industry certificates such as: CISSP, CEH, Security+ are a plus
- Automation skills are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships and build rapport to influence colleagues at all levels, uncover issues, and identify needs.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of required duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.